Artistic Swimming New Zealand (ASNZ) is the recognised National Sport Organisation for the sport in New Zealand. We oversee, govern and administer artistic swimming at the National Level.
FINA (Federation Internationale de Natation Amateur) is the international Federation recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for administering international competition in five aquatic sports including artistic swimming. In New Zealand - FINA, the IOC and the Oceania Swimming Association recognise Aquatics New Zealand which ASNZ is a member of, rather than the individual sports.
With a network of clubs nationwide, ASNZ's role is to:
- Mentor and support clubs as appropriate
- Promote athlete participation through club-driven programmes and a competition calendar
- Athlete Talent Development pathways for those aspiring to represent New Zealand
- Coach Development initiatives
- Judge Development initiatives
- Financial management of ASNZ member funds - including grants funding
- Manage the promotion and PR of the sport on a national basis
- Liaise with National and International organisations
ASNZ is governed by a Board of 5 elected Directors. See below for details. We have a part-time administrator, and contract our National Coaches on a bi-annual basis.
For questions and enquiries please contact our Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org